Government Assistance is available to families to assist with purchasing books, uniforms and the pament of fees. Applications must be made through the Education Support Centre Office before Friday 7th April 2017.
Parents or legal guardians who hold one of the following cards from Centrelink, valid during first term, are eligible to make a claim under the scheme.
- Centrelink Pensioner Concession Card
- Centrelink Health Care Card – this is a family card only, not for a specific child for medication purposes eg “CDA” (Child Disability Allowance) card
- Or a Department of Veterans’ Affairs Pensioner Concession Card. (Not TPI or TPI Gold Cards)
- Students who turn 18 in the year 2017 are eligible.
The School allowance (paid to the school) under the Additional Assistance in 2017 is:
- Year 7 – 12 $235.00 per student
(This amount is deducted from the parental contribution when it is paid, therefore parents need only to pay the balance of their contribution when making the Secondary Assistance Application).
The school uniform subsidy (paid to the parent) is $115.00 per student.